Thursday, September 25, 2014

Craft Studio Storage Hacks!

I shared my craft room a while back on Facebook so thought I would show it to you and how I store or use some of my things. Some of the room has been rearranged since I took these pictures, but it is still all the same things.

First up are my tea/coffee supplies.  I found this little basket on a rummage sale.  I wrote quotes from Alice in Wonderland on my mugs.  The white bowl is a plastic cupcake holder.  I bought a set of 2 for $1 at the Dollar Store.



 I use this crate and hanging folders to store all my pictures/embellishments/stickers and quotes sorted by categories.





There is a Starbuck Frap jar in there that I keep all the dots that I get after hole punching.  I also found the wire baskets on a rummage sale for $1 and brought them home and spray painted them.


 This is something my Mother-In-Law had in her front porch and was going to get rid of so I "volunteered" to take it off her hands!

As you can see I keep all the markers/pens/pencils/office and school supplies. 




I like to use jars for storage in my craft room.  It is a great way to recycle as well as be able to see what is in the jars.  You can go here to see how I take the labels off.


 


This was an old wooden footlocker we found on a rummage sale.  I think we paid $10 for it and it even had some old tools in it.  You can also see next to it how I store markers!
 
The paper in the lid is the obit of the man who owned the footlocker.

This was a rack for pans or lids.  It didn't work in our kitchen, but it was perfect for holding my sketch pads!

These are usually found in the hardware store for nuts and bolts, but they are perfect for all my miniatures projects and extra minis that are waiting for a home.



Another one of those wire baskets holding all my tapes.
 


This one of the drawers in my china hutch and it is full of ribbons.  I keep a scissors in there so I don't have to go hunting for it! 
 You will have to look in the background for this one.  See that brown and white box?  It is the box my cell phone came in.  I keep all of my computer supplies/USB sticks/memory cards/phone charger/fingernail clippers, etc in there.

The following are just pictures of my craft room.  As I said above there has been some rearranging done. 
You can see my scissors/stencils/rulers/cutting mats hanging from nails on the wall.  The posters on the left are genealogy charts.

I covered boxes with scrapbook paper to use as storage.  This one is actually in the house for the paper tubes that we give the birds.
 




Here are two old metal wrench cases.  I have no idea where they came from.  Most likely a rummage sale and hubs took the wrenches and I kept the cases.  I use them for my pens and copics.  The black one is filled with black pens!





No comments:

Post a Comment