Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Clothes pin snow flakes

Hello crafters! As you know I am making my ornaments for this year's Harry Potter tree. Since we put the tree up Thanksgiving weekend I am running out of time quickly! 

I want my tree to feel as if Mrs. Weasley and family decorated it. I love the cozy feel of their home and the closeness of their family. She would of course magic her supplies to make the ornaments and decorate, but sadly I am a Muggle. I know it's horrible! 

So, I did some Pinterest searching and spotted this diy ornament and it looked to me as something Mr. Weasley would make because he didn't know what they were for!

Sorry, first picture is very blurry! Take apart your clothespins.
Save the metal piece you may need it again!
This time I am using Elmer wood glue because it is what hubs had in the house. You want to make sure it is paint able if you choose to do that.
I matched up my clothes pins so I had all the same lengths.
Glue together.
Let dry completely.
I would put wax paper down first! Put them all the same way. You see the one on the left was wrong!
After those have dried completely add the other four.
Like I said you can paint this or cover in glitter! 

Note: you could also use the tiny clothes pins to make smaller ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment