Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Paper Clip Bookmarks

 It's Wednesday!  Hard to believe this week is almost over. Today's craft project is very simple very easy and I love it!  I make these to give with a book or to someone I know reads actual books!  I know who does that?  Me, I do!  I currently have 4 actual books that I am reading as well as a series on my Kindle.  The kindle is just way easier in bed, but it does hurt when you fall asleep and it hits you in the head! Also, I wouldn't recommend walking and reading like I do!  When I am trying to get steps in I tend to walk around the house reading a book.

Okay on to the project!

Supplies
Paper clips (plastic or plastic coated not metal)
Ribbons
Mod Podge (Tacky Glue Elmers will work as well)
A good book!

I found this whole bottle of paper clips at the Dollar Store.  As you can see they are the smaller ones, I love the really big ones, but as you know I use what is on hand when I can!  I also loved the colors!


I went through my ribbon drawer, yes drawer (it is a large china hutch drawer).  My mom keeps sending craft supplies and I collected a lot from weddings, rummage sales and friends. 

First turn your paper clip the right way or your ribbon will be inside the book!
 After you tie on your ribbon, dip the edges in glue (Mod Podge, Tacky Glue, or Elmers School Glue0 to make sure they don't fray.

I clipped them onto a piece of paper that was on top of my books, so that it could dry with out getting stuck to everything.

If you are using a larger ribbon, simply fold it in half before putting it into your clip. 
Sorry, blurry and I don't have a clue why! 

This is why you want to use the plastic clips or the plastic coated clips.  This was one of my Grandma's hymnals.  Looks like she had the same idea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment