Thursday, October 9, 2014

Tea Time

I am considering starting a separate blog that would be all about teas. I would love to some day open a Tea Shop, so I would love to share some of the things I have learned about teas to drink and teas to heal. What do you think? Would you join me for tea?

Today though I thought I would share a tea recipe that I just came across and LOVE! I found this over at Living Chic on the Cheap. I hope you try it and enjoy! Make sure you go check out her blog!
Orange Vanilla Tea
Ingredients
Black Tea (Iced Tea)
Sugar (I use a cup) **I used 1/2 cup**
One Orange (Sliced)
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
a Dash of Cinnamon
Ice




Directions:
Brew your tea as you like. I boil about 2-2 1/2 cups of water in the microwave and then add my tea bag. Let steep for about 5 minutes.  In the meantime slice your oranges and place them at the bottom of your pitcher. Add you vanilla and cinnamon.
Remove tea bag and add your sugar and stir while the tea is still hot. (This way the sugar will dissolve.) Pour tea into pitcher and top off with water.
Serve over ice. I also like to garnish with fresh mint when I have it available. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment