Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall Votives

I saw these all over Pinterest and knew I needed to make them! I had all the supplies and it took me maybe a half hour to do three of them.
Supplies
Recycled Glass jars
(See this awesome way to remove labels)
Leaves (paper or cloth)
Mod Podge
Foam brush
(Go to the right and order some Mod Podge and foam brushes under the JCC Craft Picks;)
GOJO  (optional but helpful)


Put glue on your jar, I learned quickly to only add glue where I was placing the leaves. 


Add glue to your leaf.

Place the leaves on the jar. You may need to add more glue to hold them down. When you have all the glue and leaves on add some glue with a tapping motion to the rest of the jar.  This will help your candle glow effect later.

Don't worry is some of the pieces sticking out.  As long as they are covered in Mod Podge they will be stiff and give your votive dimension.






 



I have an OCD problem with odd numbers. So I always have things in1s, 3s or 5s.

I found some new GOJO! This works just as well as the orange stuff, leaves your hands soft and it smells like candy! I am not an affiliate of GOJO, but I am on Amazon and you can find it below!











I just realized I didn't add the ribbon on the top of the votive! 
I will try to update with a new picture as soon as I get it done.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment