Monday, October 20, 2014

DIY Divider Pages with Tabs

 I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was filled with family time and lots of fun! 

Today I wanted to share how I made divider pages for my Tea Encyclopedia.  the Tea Encyclopedia is what I am putting together.  It is all about different teas, their uses and recipes.  As I have said before I am hoping to start a Tea Shop of my own some day!  So let the research begin! 

I didn't want to go purchase tabs, which is a great option, don't get me wrong.  I just wanted them to be custom to my project.

LOTS of pictures so hang in there, I just wanted to show you the best way possible!  Don't look at my colors just the how to!  You make your colors or themes!



Supplies
Folders
 (I used some from a previous project)
Scrapbook Paper (12X12)
Mod Podge for Paper
Scissors
Foam Brush
Embellishments
Tacky Glue
Hole punch

If you have cereal boxes you can cut them to size.  There are a lot of good ways to make the tabs on Pinterest as well!


I cut them in half.  I plan to use the side without tabs as sub folders, so I will make tabs to go on those later.
 
Shhh the J in J. Celeste is Jaime!
 

I then spread the Mod Podge for Paper all over the side, making sure to cover the edges well. 

Flip over and press to the back side of your paper. 

If you get any bubbles simply smooth out the page. 

Trim to fit. Repeat on the other side!

 I have a crate with all of my embellishments separated, you can see in the Craft Hack Blog.  I found my Romantic/Hearts folder as well as my Illustrations and added some embellishments to the folders. I also used the tags from some of my favorite teas!

I used Aleene's but any tacky glue will work.  I would make sure if it is being used daily that you use a good glue! 






Some of the other papers I plan to use! 
Punch holes to fit your binder.  I am in search of a new one as this one was well loved when I was going to school. 


I also used a Tea Tag to make a label for the Earl Grey section.  I will add others as I find them. 

I just opened the tag and put the glue on the inside and placed one side on the front of the paper and another on the back side. 

 
If you are looking for some of the supplies don't forget to check out my store.  It will be on the right side at the top.  Click on JCC Craft Picks!

Update: Check out our Binder Clip Upgrade and make them to match your Divider Pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment