Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Coasters


Hello Tuesday! 

Today's pictures will not be perfect as I was in a hurry to get one coaster done to share with you!  I will upload a finished set as soon as I get it done.

Supplies
Mod Podge
Scrapbook Paper
Hot Glue Gun
Hot Glue Gun Stick
Foam Brush
Foam or Thin Cork
Tiles (Lowes $0.16 each)
Easy Cast (optional)
Stick or piece of cardboard to smooth (only if you use the Easy Cast)


First thing I did was hot glue the cork to the bottom of the tiles and I hated it because the cork was too thick.  Of course, I couldn't find my roll of thin cork so...
I found foam!  Best of all it can match the color of your paper! 




I then placed my tile on the back of my scrapbook paper and traced it.  Cut it!



Using Mod Podge add it to the tile and the back of the paper.  After it dries for a few minutes add a layer of Mod Podge to the top of the paper.




 The next step is optional. but it is the only way you are truly going to make them water proof and not stick to each other when they are stacked.  I put the tile on top of a container just so it was easier to work with and I could turn it without touching the tile.
I mixed up a very small amount of the Easy Cast. I did this because as I said I was trying to get one done to share with you today. But it was a lot easier to do one at a time! 

I then used a wooden skewer to apply the resin and to smooth it out. 

It should self leven somewhat and the bubbles will pop!  The Easy Cast has a degassing agent. 
I did use a little of the extras to seal the edges. 

I will get you a finished picture as soon as I can get out to my shop!  I will try to get the whole set done.  I think I am going to take that cork off and add the foam instead. 

Update!! Here is the finished one with fingerprints because it wasn't completely dry yet! I don't know if I like the brown, so I didn't glue it on yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment