Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Zen Doodles

You may have heard that term used before-Zen Doodle or even Zen Tangles.  You don't have to look far on the internet to find the millions of different ways to do this type of art work.  As many of you are aware this is my favorite form of expression.
 
There is NO WAY to mess this up.  Even if you do, who cares?  Just change your doodle and move on.  The other thing that I LOVE about this type of art work is looking at other peoples.  Yep, I love to look at how other people can take the same basic design and turn it into something I would have never imagined. 

If you head over to the Facebook page you can go through my album and see all the different doodles I have done. 

There are so many books available out there to get ideas from.  Some of my favorites are-

One Zentangle A Day by Beckah Krahula This book is a 6 week course in Zentangles!


Just beginning?
Zentangle Inspired Art by Mahe Zehra Husain, is a great place to start, especially since the artist her self will tell you she is not a professional, she is just like you and me and learning as she goes!  While you are there make sure you check our her mixed media books as well.

Smash Sticks are my preferred outlining pen, but there are so many different ways to create these projects.

When it comes to coloring them in Copic Markers are also my preferred choice.  Markers, colors and colored pencils work as well or don't color them at all!

Make sure if you try this project that you start out with paper that is bleed proof!  It will also help you save on ink by not soaking up more than what is needed.  Try Bee Paper!

If you are looking for more ways to get inspired go check out Pinterest!  But not until you are ready as that can easily overwhelm you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment