Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Simple magnets

Simple and easy to create magnets that will give your fridge or your magnetic boards some color!


Supplies
1" hole punch
scrapbook paper
(I used up some of my scrap pieces)
Scissors
magnets
Foam Brush
Mod Podge
Mod Podge for paper (optional)
GOJO (optional)




First I gathered all my scrap pieces, then I punched out 38 circles.  Why 38?  Because that is how many magnets I had to spare.

Then I layed them all out on my work area, leaving plenty of space between them.  These magnets are pretty strong and will jump to join the one next to it.  If you already have glue on your magnets you will have a mess on your hands (literally).



My table clamp is a great place to stage my magnets.  If you have glue on your hands and are trying to pull them apart it will not be easy.  Another choice is an old cookie sheet.  They are handy for a lot of projects in the craft room!
 

Next, I used regular Mod Podge to glue the magnets to the paper. 

When you have finished go use the GOJO (orange gritty soap) to get all the glue and black from the magnets off your hands.

After it was COMPLETELY dry I trimmed around the edges.
 


I then stuck them to my cookie sheet and put a light coat of Mod Podge for Paper over the tops to seal them.  I left them to COMPLETELY dry.  Mod Podge for Paper is an option, but you could also use your regular Mod Podge.



After they were dry, I took some for a test drive! You could do so much more with these as well.  You could use inks to distress or stickers before adding the final coat of Mod Podge.


I hope you give it a try! 





No comments:

Post a Comment