Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hogwarts Inspired Sign


First off if you want to know how I made the pallet sign you can check it out on the Basic Pallet Signs post!


Supplies
Paint
Paint brush
markers/paint/stencils
clothes pins



For those of you that are not the huge Harry Potter Fans that I am, A House Elf is a servant.  Some of the sock signs you will see say "Free Dobby".  Because I am the fan-girl that I am, Dobby is dead, so why are we trying to free him and why can't we try to free all the House Elves?  To free a House Elf from servitude their Master gives them clothing.  What better way to start a fund than with those lonely socks who are missing their mate?


First, I went into our multiple cans of paint that we have gathered over the years and found a white ceiling paint.  Make sure you stir or shake it well if it has been on the shelf for any period of time.
 
I brushed the paint over thinly, then went over the middle where my words were going to be a little thicker.




Then I free handed my words onto the board.  You can use transfer paper, stencils, paint, permanent markers, whatever your creative self wants to make!
 


I then glued the clothes pins on, as they are what will hold my stray socks.
 


I wont say this is NOT finished in ANY WAY! I see I need an exclamation point yet! I will have it living on my laundry room wall for awhile and see what I want to add. Maybe I will Mod Podge those clothes pins like I did for the Clothes Pin Magnets!  I could make them House Colors! Whatever I decide I have a lot more pallets waiting for me! I will be sure to share whatever I make with them!
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment