Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Binder Upgrade

Hello all!  I hope that your week is going well and you are fully recovered from Halloween!  Today I thought I would share the binder I made to go with those Divider Pages we made the other day.  Oh and don't forget to check out the Binder Clips Upgrade as well!  Lots of pictures so hang in there!

Supplies
Mod Podge
(any will work, but I used Paper)
Foam brush
Chip board letters
scissors
scrapbook papers
Note:Similar products or the same that I used are in the JCC Blog store! It is just to the right, toward the top! You can see my price break down and where I got the products at the bottom of this post.

 
The Smash Binder came with a cardboard piece that kept it flat, I left this in to keep my surface easier to work on. 

First I laid out my chip board letters.  I am asking for your silence in the name you see!  I am considering starting a tea blog and this will be the name T.E.A (Tea Emporium and Apothecary).
I had to over lap some of my letters to make them fit on the binder.  I used a heavy book (just happened to be my Mennonite Cookbook) to help hold the letters down while they dried. 

Glued on! 
I bought new boots!  Target clearance, baby! I was wearing them while doing this to start breaking them in.
I then took a paper that had all the colors of my Divider Pages to cover the inside (front and back) 
I didn't like the edges so when I saw this one with the stripes I knew I could easily (or lazy) cut pieces to fit without measuring. 
See my bubbles!  Make sure you smooth your pages out!  These came after I put a layer of Mod Podge over them to seal it.  They did smooth out some as they dried. 

My kids told me I needed to check out the sunset! 
Here is the finished binder with my Divider Pages showing. 
I love this paper and have been saving it for something I would see daily.  I used it to make a pocket on the front and... 
...the back inside covers of the binders.  You could also do this on your Divider Pages, by simply gluing 3 of the sides down, leaving the top open. 

Binder Supplies Breakdown
This is for the ENTIRE binder project
Smash Binder $5.99 (Michael's)
Chip Board Letters $1.50 each (Michael's)
I used 2 packages to get enough solid colored letters)
Divider pages (left over from a previous project)
12X12 Paper packet, 15 pages $3 (Hobby Lobby, clearance rack)
Mod Podge $10.99-40% off coupon (Hobby Lobby)
Obviously I didn't use it all so maybe $0.25
Embellishments $1 (Rummage Sale)
Again didn't use them all so maybe $0.05
Lined paper (free-ish)
My kids had brought home several notebooks from school last year and I tore out the few pages that were left.  Maybe 3 notebooks, I then trimmed the edges.
Total Cost for Binder Project
$10.79 (ish)


No comments:

Post a Comment