Friday, April 25, 2014

New adventure!

Today I started what is called Modern Primitive Embroidery. I thought it would be a great way to introduce myself to embroidery. It is a more forgiving form.


This book has projects by Jennie Baer.  I purchased it at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon so it was around $5. 

I picked out my project...


The next step was to transfer the image to the towel I had decided to use. I thought since I had done a million cross stitch patterns I could wing it...boy was I wrong!



Horrible, I know!  So now I will try to make it look like a tree and pitch it in with the craft room towels! I will then invest in a pen that is washable so I can transfer my patterns!

Lesson learned!  We never know if we like or can do something until we try!

No comments:

Post a Comment