Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Tea Time

So I was wondering this week what you would have worn to go visit someone for tea.  Did you get dressed up in you Sunday best?  Would you have put on a nice day dress?  What about the gentlemen out there?  Would they have worn a suit and tie or a nice jumper? 

I found this wonderful image over at Belkazan's Style Inspiration: Vintage Fashion post.

50s style tea time poodle skirt dresses floral hats
Looks like there was a little gossip on the menu for that tea time!

In my searches I discovered some places on the Internet devoted to tea time fashions!  First I ran across a Facebook page called Teatime Clothing

During Boston's Fashion Show in 2013 designer Gregory Paul revealed his "Tea Time Fashion Show"!  Instead of having his beautiful pieces come down the catwalk they were shown at a Tea Party.  You seriously don't understand how happy that makes me! The pieces were truly amazing!  Below is one taken from an article you can find HERE!

boston fashion week gregory paul tea time fashion show

 Guys if you dress like the Beetles did below you would be welcome at my tea table any time!

The Beatles drinking tea

Quote of the Day!

Tea makes me feel like a character straight out of pride and prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment