Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Volcano Project Take 2

 If you were looking for my previous post on the volcano project don't bother.  It was a failure and I didn't want anyone else stuck in the jam I was in!  We made it Wednesday night and by Sunday it still wasn't dry.  Thankfully my parents were here and the Papa came to the rescue!  It turned out wonderfully and only took a couple hours (with dry time) to make!  So it was ready for the Monday due date!

NOTE: I do not know what reaction this would have if you made it an "active" volcano with vinegar and baking soda.  It may eat away the foam.

Supplies
Foam in a can
plastic cup (Solo Cup)
 (we cut down a cup to the right height)
Dosage cup
tray for the base
(we used a plastic pie plate)
A cardboard base
(we used a box lid)

First we stacked our cups and sprayed a little of the foam on the bottom of the dosage cup to keep it in place.




Then we went all the way around with the foam. 

I used a piece of the broken cup to "smooth" out the edges.

We left it out in the sun to dry, it took about an hour to completely dry. 

Then the kid and I got out the paints! 

Hubs says this shot looks like a really bad pizza! 

Good luck and don't forget to breathe when they bring these projects home last minute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment