Sunday, December 28, 2014

Vintage cans

So the blogs from now on will only be when I am doing a new project. I spent all week trying to find my work bench and organize the supplies my mom donated. While taking a break and cruising Pinterest I was reminded of these vintage tins that I had saved. I had found 4-5 different versions and ways to make them. I, as always, combined several of them to make it work 

My mom found this old book at a thrift store.


First, I picked out the pictures I wanted to use.

Then I painted my cans. Some colors took a lot of coats. Let then dry really well between coats!

If you have any sharp edges, just use a pliers to flatten it out.

After the first coats.
I didn't get a picture of me gluing them on.
I also used chalk pastels to age them, but you could also use brown shoe polish!
Here they are finished. I just need to buy a clear sealer to put over them!


No comments:

Post a Comment