Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Harry Potter Flying Keys

Today I am again using a Tim Holtz product as well as butterfly vellum from the Paper Studio.
I have had these keys forever and didn't know what I was going to do with them. So when I thought I would do a Harry Potter Christmas tree, I knew what they were waiting for!

There are still 3 more keys that are more modern looking that I will save for something else.
I needed wings!
Cut out your wings
Bend the wings up.
Glue them on! Make sure you add glue (I used Mod Podge) to the wings as well to give them texture and they will curl a little to be more realistic!
I loves the words they go great with the Harry Potter theme!
When they are dry I will add fishing line so that they are sturdy but look like they are floating on the tree! 

Stick with me, there will be a lot of Harry Potter themed ornaments over the next month. I want to DIY as many as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment